Jay's Book Reviews

This blog contains my thoughts on books I've read. Everything in here is my opinion only, so feel free to disagree with it. The main page contains only the latest review, so check out the archives and the recent posts for other reviews. If you arrived at this page via a search engine, there are probably newer posts at the main blog.

Other Blogs by Jay:

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

I'm a college professor with a wide range of interests, including social gaming, problem solving, organic food, spirituality, internet marketing, and others.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Gravity, by Tess Gerritsen

Gravity is a modern day thriller revolving around the International Space Station.

The basic concept is that an experiment goes awry in zero gravity, creating a strain of a microbe that attacks humans and uses them for breeding grounds, killing the humans. This runs rampant through the ISS, while on the ground the husband of one of the astronauts tries to solve the mystery of what the microbe is and how to defeat it.

Gravity is a fun read. I didn't like how the astronauts on the ISS tended to overlook fairly obvious warning signs, but then I know they're in a book about a killer microbe, and they don't. Otherwise, it was well paced, and the conclusion, while a bit obvious, was nevertheless satisfying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home